CESD #39 Travel Checklist
GOVERNING BOARD APPROVAL:
- Submit Overnight Travel Form for Governing Board Approval. Board agenda items are due to the Superintendent’s office by Noon on Monday one week prior to the Board meeting.
- Submit Requisition Form for lodging, conference fees, airfare, and meal reimbursement to the District Business Office within one week of receiving approval from the Governing Board.
*Current Per Diem Rates Can be found here
- If P.O’s are accepted by the hotel: Make requisition out to the hotel.
- If P.O.’s are not accepted by the hotel: Follow check request procedures in order to pay for the hotel before or upon arrival.
- If P.O’s are accepted: Make requisition out to the designated conference.
- If P.O.’s are not accepted: Follow check request procedures in order to pay for the conference by check.
- Make requisition out to yourself for reimbursement of airfare. Airfare will be paid by the employee and approved airfare travel will be reimbursed. You may request airfare travel reimbursement before the date of travel.
- Make requisition out to yourself for meal reimbursements. Meals are reimbursed according to the per diem rates defined by the State of Arizona.
- Make necessary arrangements after the Governing Board has approved your request, P.O.’s and/or checks are given.
- To request travel reimbursement you must complete the Travel Expense Claim Form, attach all itemized receipts, along with a copy of the Governing Board agenda approving your travel, as well as a copy of conference itinerary, airline ticket, hotel folios, registration information, etc.
Note: The only time you will be reimbursed for your mileage for using your personal vehicle is if a District vehicle is not available for your use. You must submit paperwork substantiating the unavailability of a District vehicle.
- Sign and date all receipts. Include P.O. #’s on all receipts.
- All receipts must be turned into the Business office no later than 5 days after your travel. Late Receipts will not be reimbursed.
- If you are requesting travel reimbursement, you must complete the travel reimbursement form and attach all receipts along with a copy of the Governing Board Agenda approving your travel within 5 business days of travel completion.
- The only time you will be reimbursed for your mileage for using your personal vehicle will be if a District vehicle is not available for your use. You must submit paperwork substantiating the unavailability of a District Vehicle.
- When using District Vehicle and turning in the gas receipts from your trip, please be sure to sign the receipt and write the District Vehicle # on it.
- There is no meal reimbursement for one-day travel