Welcome to the Continental Elementary School District #39 Preschool and Childcare Program. In all our programs, we use the Creative Curriculum and the Arizona Early Learning Standards as the basis for our instructional model and curriculum. We strive to balance the individual needs and interests of the children in the program.
Our program features a balance of child-initiated and teacher-directed activities, both indoors and out of doors, in the areas of cognitive, communication, social-emotional, fine and gross motor, and adaptive skills.
Play and interactions are the basis for teachable moments and planned instruction with our caring and trained staff. We use a wide variety of materials for a wide variety of skill and interest levels to promote children’s learning and development.
The Continental Preschool/Child Care Program consists of several different educational programs.
- Peer Integrated Preschool (PIPS) Program: The PIP program is for children with and without special needs. This includes our general and special education students with support from special education staff, a speech/language therapist, an occupational therapist, and a physical therapist as determined by a child’s Individual Education Plan. A dual certified teacher with instructional support staff teaches the PIPS program.
- Discovery Preschool: This program is for children who are in their first year of preschool. The focus is on literature, arts and crafts, and developmental activities. A lead instructor teaches the Discovery Preschool program.
- Pre-Kindergarten: This program is for children who will be attending kindergarten in the following year. The focus is on the pre-academic skills needed for kindergarten. A lead instructor teaches the Pre-Kindergarten program.
- Childcare: We offer full-time and part-time care for children from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily. Children participate in PIPS, Discovery, Pre-K, and/or Kinderfocus programs and afterschool care. We provide care for children up to grade four. Older children may also attend.
Program Times and Fees
Peer Integrated Preschool (PIPS)
- Pre-Kindergarten (blue room, ages 4-5) - Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., $26 per session
- Discovery (green room, ages 3-4) - Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays 7:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m., $26 per session
- Students with special needs with an IEP attend with no tuition fees during this time.
- Children with an IEP may add before or aftercare for $20 per day.
- Parents may add childcare to their day up to a $32 per day maximum charge.
Dual Language Enrichment Preschool Program
- Blue room, ages 3-5 - Mondays through Fridays, 7:15 a.m.-3:00 p.m., $155 per week ($31 per day) or Mondays through Fridays, 7:15 a.m.-5:00 p.m., $160 per week ($32 per day). Students may arrive between 7:15 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. and be picked up any time after noon.
Early Morning, Early Dismissal and After School Care
- Monday through Friday, 7:15 a.m.-7:30 a.m. and after school 3:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. (12:30 p.m. on early dismissal days) for children in preschool and elementary. We are closed on full day in-service days and holidays in alignment with the district calendar. Tuition is $60 per week, flat rate.